Upper York School Announces Two Four Year Scholarships for 2018-2019
The objective of Upper York School Scholarship Programme is to assist students that are eager to learn but do not have the necessary financial resources to attend private school.
For the coming 2018-2019 school year, the UYS Scholarship Programme will offer two 4-year scholarships to qualifying students entering Grade 9. The scholarships will be awarded to students whose family demonstrates the required financial need.
As a new school in York Region, Upper York School wishes to give back to the community by supporting local organizations and families who value education.
Each scholarship will cover all annual tuition fees for each year the student is at school, as well as a number of incidental costs that are listed below. In both instances, the scholarships are subject to the student’s satisfactory progression and their strict adherence to Upper York School ‘s Code of Conduct.
- Application form
- Confidential teacher report (to be completed by a current teacher of the student)
- Financial assessment form
- Referral form completed by Agency
- Two report cards (the June report from 2017 and the most recent current school year report)
Annual Cost Support:
- Books (up to $800.00)
- School trips (up to $200.00)
- Authorized school charges (for example: photocopying)
- Uniform costs (up to $400.00)
- Admission and enrolment fee ($2,500+$250=$2,750.00)
- University application fees or OSSLT fees
*The fees are subject to adjustment based on individual applications. Upper York School reserves the rights to make the final decision.