Working at Upper York School
Join our team of professional, collaborative educators. Upper York School is a progressive, university preparatory day school focused on providing quality education to students from Grade 9 -12.
Teaching Positions 2018 - 2019
Upper York School
2832 16th Avenue, Markham, Ontario
Upper York School offers small classes with a low student to teacher ratio (10:1) and individual attention to students. Experienced teachers deliver curriculum in a modern, fully-equipped facility and focus on the refinement of academic skills, and on the preparation of students for post-secondary success. Academic excellence is essential in our creative and engaging learning environment. ESL and tutoring programs are available to support students who are new to Canada and aim to attend larger private schools.
POSITIONS: Teachers (grades 9-12)
Social Studies: Geography and History (full-time)
Mathematics (full-time for Semester 1, Sept. to Jan.)
Arts: may include ALC, Drama and/or Media Arts (part-time)
The Role and Responsibilities
- Preparing daily lessons plans
- Implementation of strategies and tools to individualize learning
- Inclusion of technology in lessons including Edsby
- Maintaining records for reporting, attendance and data on students
- Preparation and grading of assessments and writing of report cards
- Participation in after school co-curricular program
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Ontario Teaching Certificate
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Experience working with ESL students
- Extensive knowledge of the Ministry Document: Growing Success
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Demonstrated organization and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Demonstrated talent for teaching, mentoring and inspiring students
- Proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with parents and colleagues
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills
Compensation: commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com July 4, 2018. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.